Despite you being careful, there will be times when you find stains and grime on your carpet. Coffee, wine, tea, and food stains are some of the most common stains that you can find on your carpet, especially when you habitually eat and drink in a carpeted area.
While stains are common when you have kids and pets at home, regularly cleaning them can be difficult during a busy routine. And if you don’t clean them fast enough, those stains will dry up and settle into your carpet.
Luckily, you don’t have to let these stains settle, and here are some tips and tricks that can help you remove stains and grime on your carpet.
How to Remove most common Stains and Grime from Carpets
- For this, you need to have two spray bottles; fill one with cold water. Mix one cup of warm water and ¼ teaspoon of a mild dishwashing liquid in the other spray bottle.
- Spray this detergent on an absorbent cloth. Do not spray the liquid on the carpet as you do not want to make the stain wet. Dab the cloth with detergent on the stain; remember not to rub the stain. As the stain starts dissolving, blot it with a clean cloth and repeat the process until it disappears completely.
- Spray another absorbent cloth with clean cold water and dab the stained area to rinse your carpet from the stain thoroughly. Blot again with a dry cloth to dry out the carpet.
- Have a stack of paper towels and pile them onto the wet spot. After then, place a heavy pot on top. This will help the towels soak up any residual stain on the carpet. In the morning, let the carpet get air-dry.
- If the stains remain, repeat these steps. Or better, call a professional carpet cleaning service to handle the stains and grime professionally and effectively.
How to Remove Pet Stains from Carpets
No matter how much you love your pet, you can feel frustrated when they stain your carpet. To remove pet stains from a carpet, you need a cleaning solution containing enzymes of pet stains cleaner and odor eliminating formula.
These liquids not only remove the pet stains but also removes the odor, which causes bacteria and makes your pet soil the same area repeatedly. Clean this stain by dabbing a cloth with the solution and not rubbing it. Blot with a clean cloth afterward and repeat the procedure till the stain disappears.
No matter how unavoidable carpet stains and grime are, there are still some ways you can avoid them. such as asking your guests to remove their shoes when entering the house. Designate a space for eating and drinking, so your carpet does not have stains and grime.
In this way, you can increase the life of your carpet and save yourself from making a heavy investment again. Just take small precautions to avoid carpet stains and grime. If you still see them, use the above methods to remove them. You can also ask a professional carpet cleaning service to clean your carpet if the stains are too stubborn.