Getting to Know the Peninsula
The Peninsula region spans south from San Francisco to San Jose. While there’s plenty to do to the north and south of the Peninsula, the area has many of its own attractions, including a coast on the San Francisco Bay and shoreline on the Pacific Ocean.
The Santa Cruz mountains run through the Peninsula in a north-south line. These mountains make the Peninsula a fantastic place for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.
Hiking in the Peninsula
Nearly one-third of the Peninsula is a nature preserve, parkland or ground that hasn’t been developed by mankind. While a few municipalities and counties operate some of the area’s parks, the Mid-Peninsula Open Space District manages most of them. In addition to hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding are permitted in most of the Peninsula’s public parks.
If you enjoy hiking, you’ll be thrilled by the trails you can choose from when you visit the Peninsula. Here are just a few of the locations you’ll want to check out if you’re an avid or casual hiker:
- Monte Bello Open Space Preserve: There’s no charge to hike in the Monte Bello Open Space Preserve. With plenty of grasslands and steep river valleys, a hike through Monte Bello Open Space Preserve is as pleasing on the eyes as it is satisfying for the body.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods: It’s free to trek through the Purisima Creek Redwoods. When you take a hike at this location, you’ll see awe-inspiring redwoods in a dense forest.
- Sam McDonald Park: You’ll have to pay a small fee to hike through Sam McDonald Park, but it’s worth every penny. This park will take your breath away with its thick redwood groves and beautiful grasslands.
- Russian Ridge: If you want views of the Pacific Ocean and Silicon Valley that can’t be beat, you’ll want to take a hike at Russian Ridge. Bursting with wildflowers in late winter and early spring, Russian Ridge is a great place to be around sunset.
Attractions and Activities in the Peninsula
While there are obviously a lot of places to hike and enjoy the outdoors in the Peninsula, the area has many other attractions and activities for you to enjoy. Here are just a few of them:
- Stanford Shopping Center
- The Wine Room
- Cantor Arts Center
- Stanford University’s Main Quad
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Peninsula Commercial Cleaning Services by No More Dirt
If you own or operate a business in or near the area, you know how difficult it can be to find a commercial cleaning company in the Peninsula you can rely on. It doesn’t have to be hard to find a trustworthy, caring commercial cleaning company, however, because No More Dirt services businesses located throughout the Peninsula.
Here are some of the cities we provide reliable commercial cleaning services in the San Francisco Peninsula:
- Daly City
- South San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Foster City
- Menlo Park
- Palo Alto
For a free quote on our commercial cleaning services for your business in the Peninsula, please call us at (877) 776-6347 or fill out our online contact form.